It’s this time of the year, when the snow is melting, weather warming up, things are sprouting and kids are puking! I don’t know why, each Spring and Fall, kids and some adults that take care of them, get the tummy flu.
What’s do you do when the bug hit your home:
- Wash you hands, again and again and again. Flu is contagious.
- Rest and more rest. Snuggle on the couch read books, watch tv, take a naps, let the patient rest.
- Fresh air, open windows, or get out of on the deck for a few minutes.
- Hydrate : they might not be hungry or might be scare of eating for fear of having it come out of them again, but it’s important to keep them hydrated. Our favorites are chicken stock (building up to chicken noodle soup), lemon ginger tea, peppermint tea, and very cold water (my kids like their very cold when they aren’t feeling well)
- If they are up to eating, give them what they are craving in small quantities at the time.
Happy Spring and Flu season to you all!!!
Note: if your kids is lethargic, have a persistent fever, shows signs of dehydration (dry mouth,lips, not peeing or dark color urine, dizziness ect) or you see no improvement within 24 hours seek medical help.