It’s Friday again, and if you are like me, this week just flew by in a blink of an eye. Weekends are time to treat ourselves and what’s better treat than cupcakes! I created some delicious, super easy, no mixer needed, lemon cupcakes. Lets jump right in shall we.
For the cupcakes (makes 16)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of sour milk*
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp of poppy-seed (more if you really like them )
* To make sour milk I add the juice of the lemons to the milk and let it rest for 10 min
For the icing
- 250 g of cream cheese
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Set the oven at 375 degrees
- Mix in all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside. In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs and add all the other wet ingredients, add to the dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Line your muffin pan with cupcakes liner or grease them really well, fill with the batter until 3/4 full. I used an ice-cream scoop so that all the same amount of better was used.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- cool completely before frosting
- Cream the butter and cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and lemon juice, mix very well.
- If the icing is a bit dense add milk until desired consistency, Transfer into a piping bag and decorate your cupcakes.