This is the story a muffin that likes to dress-up like a cupcake. It is a delicious muffin all own its own, and made out of vegetable so it’s somewhat healthy. But if you want to bring this muffin to a whole new level, top it off with lemon cream cheese frosting.
What you will need (makes 24 muffins)
- 400g Butternut squash, washed and cubed
- 300g sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 200g graham cracker crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts ( plus more for decorating)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
For the icing view this post, the icing is optional but give an extra nice touch.
- Set the oven at 350 degrees and line cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients and set aside
- In the food possessor add the squash, the eggs and the nuts and puree until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients and the puree and add the oil until all the dry ingredients are wet.
- Add the mixture filling the cupcake liners to 3/4 full and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Eat as it is or top with creamy frosting